Baby number 2 is on the way and the baby shower is right around the corner. It’s been almost 7 years since I had my first so we need everything as if we were having baby number 1 again. How could I forget how much stuff a baby needs?? Seriously, every time I log onto the baby registry I think I add something new. I know we won’t get everything on our list – I mean we’ll be super grateful for anything we receive – but some items really are necessities.
Luckily, we set up our registries at stores that offer freebies, discounts, and incentives! Meaning, any items we don’t receive at our shower, we can purchase ourselves at a huge discount – hello savings! Any moms or moms-to-be out there can agree that budgeting and saving on baby items is a huge perk. Take it anywhere you can! (Don’t forget to check out our Crib Guide and Nursery on a Budget for even more savings)
So just where can you find these magical, mom-friendly registries and what exactly do they offer? Well, let me break it down for you.
Babies “R” Us
You’re probably familiar with Babies “R” Us, but did you know their registry has some awesome benefits? Here are some of the perks:
- You earn money back on any purchases made through your registry – by others or by you. 12 weeks after Baby’s expected arrival, you’ll get a gift card for the amount that you earned to spend at Babies “R” Us!
(5% on the first $300, then 10% on everything above that)
- Free returns up to 1 year
- Free shipping for purchases totaling $29 or more off your registry
- 15% completion discount on any items remaining on your registry after baby comes
- Price matching on any item
You can start your Babies “R” Us registry here.
When I first started my search, I had no clue Amazon offered a baby registry. I guess it makes sense though seeing as they have just about everything you could possibly need. One of the biggest online retailers is available for your baby registry with some amazing perks:
- Universal registry – you can add items from any website to your registry! (one of my favorite features to add items from shops like Solly Baby, Gathre, and Copper Pearl)
- Free 90-day returns
- Free welcome box values up to $35
- Exclusive access to limited time offers – these offers show up on your registry and rotate (example offer: receive a free gift with your first baby registry purchase)
- Completion discount on registry items that starts 60 days prior to your expected delivery date – 10% for everyone, or 15% for Prime members! (Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial)
- $100 credit towards diapers and wipes after qualified purchases
As if this wasn’t all enough, Amazon Family offers Prime members up to 20% off on diapers, baby food, and more! Saving 20% on diapers? Yes, please! Join Amazon Family 30-Day Free Trial
You can start your Amazon baby registry here: Create an Amazon Baby Registry
When I say I run off of coffee, Target, and Amazon Prime, I mean it! The most beloved mom-store also has a great registry! Here’s what you get:
- Free welcome kit with $50 worth of coupons and samples
- 15% completion discount on remaining registry items prior to Baby’s arrival
- Free returns and exchanges up to 1 year
- Universal Registry – you can add items from any website here too!
- Group gifting so multiple people and contribute to larger items.
- Free shipping on purchases totaling $35 or more
- Price matching on any item
- Links to your Pinterest boards for gift giving inspiration
If it’s possible to mom-crush harder on Target, I think I just did! You can start your Target baby registry here: Target Baby Registry
So what do you think of the perks? Are there any other stores you’ve found that have awesome baby registry benefits? Share them in the comments!